Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Table & Summer 2010

Two weekends ago I did this:

It started as this:
I got this table when my husband and I were first married, 7 years ago (approximately). It has looked like this the entire time. I painted the hutch and chairs about 5 years ago but stopped at the table because I was scared. The top of this table scared me. I wasn't sure if it was veneer or not. However, after searching blogs I started to become certain that I could paint it and it not look like poo. I really love the result and wish I had done it sooner.
I really am proud of myself tackeling some of those projects that have been on my list for awhile. I have a few more that I want to take on this year, but the weather needs to be warmer than it currently is. (Winter last about 3 months too long!) Anyway, painting the garage floor is next on my list, and it should be an experiment. It is covered in stains and well, I really don't know what. But it needs to be painted before summer arrives. This leads me to another topic...summer.
Summer is coming soon, yea! This summer will be different for me. Usually I would leave my son in the Mother's Day Out program that he is enrolled in for the summer, but I am pretty certain that I am going to take him out. I realized he has been in 'school' since he was 15 months old and that really makes my heart sad. I know its only two days a week, but I don't want him to have never experienced a season of life where he hangs out with his mom and baby sister instead of going to preschool. So I am going to plan our days of summer 2010. Nothing too strict, but at least something to keep us from going bonkers with boredom. I think he needs a break. He has had lots of adjustments in his world since his sister came along 3 months ago, and I think he has been stressed about it all. So, this summer will be non-stressful, and with God's grace it will be just plan ol'fun. I am hoping to document it with photographs and a few posts here and there.

Thanks for reading, which I am sure that it may just be me that reads this since I have seen very little traffic, but that is okay too!


No comments: