Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-day Redo

Tonight my husband and I took a gift card we received and went to eat at Flemings. Rarely, as in this was the second time, do we eat there. It seems so over the top to spend that much on food, and so we never ever spend our own money when dining at a place that expensive. However, we had a gift card and couldn't spend it anywhere else, so off we went.

It was the second time we grace the doors of Flemings this week, since Thursday night my husband got the 'tummy bug.' He warned me Thursday afternoon via text that he may not make it through the night without some gastrointestinal upheival. Since we had a sitter she came over anyway and we started on the first leg of the date: pedicures. I cannot tell you how fun it was to go get a pedi with my best friend in the entire world. It was his first and I know he'll go back and I can't wait for the next time. I love how pedicures give you time to talk with important people in your lives because you are forced to sit down for an hour. Anyhoo, pedi's were done and his tummy was tame but once we arrived AND ORDERED, he confessed he couldn't do it. We left money for the drinks and went home.


So tonight we went back and it was great. Two hours of conversation and good food with my husband. I swear I love that man more and more each day. But I came away from the meal with one goal...learn how to make the chocolate lava cake. So once I got home I consulted my favorite food blog, Pioneer Woman, and found this amazing recipe I will try soon...maybe my birthday, my 30th birthday that is. However, because it was Valentines day we got a small gift card and I plan on using it on another chocolate lava cake just because, well, I can. I can say without hesitation it is my favorite dessert ever, really, no lie.


And in other news, I plan to post the laundry room before and after soon. I have those few pesky finishing touches left to do.

In the spirit of V-day I will post an old picture of my husband and I. (Its really old, like 2003, pre-kids, pre-age spots, pre-gray hair, pre-everything, ha!)

No comments: